story time:) happy end

emmamary

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2015
So about three weeks ago I bought two mystery bantams from fox's feed store, Everything was going very well untill a week ago. One of the chicks (Clover) began to become paralyzed, she stumbled and walked on her hocks. She had always be smaller, calmer, and slower than the other chick but that might not have anything to do with it. And she was getting medicated chick starter grower. Right away I researched it and determinder vitamin B2 or riboflavin deficiency, but had a hard time finding a treatment plan. I decided to give B complex in their water and poly vi sol three times a day. I was pretty sure there was no hope after a couple of days because she lost all mobility and I had to make sure she could reach food any water. BUT THEN.... less than three days later, she was trying to walk again! stumbling like a drunk little chicken lol! and today she is able to stand without falling over and can walk almost completely normal! So moral of the story, dont give up even if you think there is not hope! life is an amazing thing :) I am so happy everything seems like it will turn out ok especially since I hope to be a vet one day, this experience has made me very happy.

Back
Top Bottom