1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

strange behavior

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by birdgirl0213, Oct 23, 2009.

1. birdgirl0213

birdgirl0213 New Egg

Jun 27, 2009
    I need some advise. I just added two little six week silkie mixes to my flockyesterday. They are very small and I thought that maybe I would leave my older silkie hen in with them while the rest of the flock went out to forage. The older hen went in her house and sat on her perch all day with her head hung down. She doesn't appear injured in any way.She is young and hasn't started laying yet .Would adding these babies cause a problem. She acted like she was sulking ????? I went out and checked on her and she is roosting in her house with her flock as usual this evening. I don't know what to think. Any thoughts ????

2. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    sounds like she was just mad at the change? I'd keep an eye on her though and see if she is sick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by