Strange egg shape

Its a new layer thing in my experience. It will stop and the eggs were still good.
Hello
Here's what my eggs looked like, these were the better looking ones, but other pics I can't find were WAY worse. My hen was 1.5 years old. I gave her plenty of time to get with the program, her eggs were almost 16 grams, with the huge fibroid pressing against the egg as it passed along there was just not enough room for the egg to pass proper. It was consistent for over 4 months.I really was trying to save her but at dispatch I found the reason.
Heres her eggs and the tumor. It's the dark red blob near bottom. Gross..

Attachments

• 20200428_175319.jpg
    20200428_175319.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200611_094030.jpg
    20200611_094030.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 8
Forgive me as I am still very new to quail. I know as far a high production hens shell quality may suffer from not being on a layer diet. Is it possible that with quail also being laying machines that the shell quality will suffer also.
I know many people say oyster shell on the side BUT in my experience that is not enough for some breeds of hens.
Personally I would stop all other treats and give only a layer feed. Give it a few weeks and see how that works.
I am bringing my experience with chickens into this so it may not apply but high production birds need the proper nutrition for them to work properly.

Its a new layer thing in my experience. It will stop and the eggs were still good.
I thought that it was odd because they are nearly five months old now. The elongated eggs have stopped though, and never found out who was doing it. I took out so the bedding and did a big clean up to shake things up in there and everyone is back to normal eggs - all in new spots in the pen now.

Back
Top Bottom