Strange Eggs

Sadie57

Chirping
12 Years
Nov 25, 2009
Southern TN.
I have a few hens that were hatched about a year ago. Someone is laying small, almost olive green eggs. Odd, because to my knowledge, there isn't any Easter Eggers in their background. Is this suspicious, should we not eat these? There is also one that lays light green, normal size, but we figured these were ok??

I have a few hens that were hatched about a year ago. Someone is laying small, almost olive green eggs. Odd, because to my knowledge, there isn't any Easter Eggers in their background. Is this suspicious, should we not eat these? There is also one that lays light green, normal size, but we figured these were ok??
Have you cracked open one of the small eggs to examine it?

There is a breed of chicken called an Olive Egger. I have 1 and they are a nice olive color, so her name is now Olive Oil. :) They are a darker gray chick, with a little lighter colored head and neck.

Green shell? safe to eat. Green inside maybe not. Somewhere there must have been a blue gene as the inside of the shell will be blue.. of course, you may have to remove the membrane from the shell to see the true color

Post pics of egg and birds.

Back
Top Bottom