Strange Polish behavior

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bayouchica, Mar 19, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Okay, I thought I had seen everything,till now.
    Yesterday it was hot up in the 80's,I usually run some water for the animals to cool their feet off. I walk up & hear this little Polish talking sweet chirps.... eating some spanish moss,while taking a bath.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] It was so cute,I had to stop what I was doing and sit their & watch. Poor thing needs another "hair" cut & maybe some glasses [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Awww, how sweet!! What a pretty boy!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    That's got to be a first - I've never seen a chicken purposely lounging around in water. Cool picture!

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ok now Bayou you are starting to enable me to hatch polish [​IMG]

5. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    That's so cool! I love the way the duck looks puzzled. [​IMG] I haven't seen a chicken in water yet, but I bet the hot Mississippi summer won't make me wait much longer.

6. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Awww, how sweet!! What a pretty boy!

I was scared of that Deb,lol.I thought I had only one roo out of the three Polish,guess it's two roos.
    I picked them out when they were chics because they were getting bloody tail feathers.
    That's so cool! I love the way the duck looks puzzled. I haven't seen a chicken in water yet, but I bet the hot Mississippi summer won't make me wait much longer.

Now you got me [​IMG] That's a little pullet on the walk boards,lol. Oh yeah, if you're not used to summer in the south,you're in for a treat. Hot & humid till October,September if you're lucky.
    When it gets over 90,I give the chickens a real shallow wading spot to help cool them off.
    Guess I know who'll be sitting in it,lol.​

7. Gersbud

Gersbud Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Central Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG] Looks like my little bantie polish that is a hen. Feather on head look too round to be a roo. But I find that if there is a puddle or if I place water in a shallow dish in the chicken run my 2 banty polish like to just stand there or wade in the water.
    [​IMG]

8. Miss Sue

Miss Sue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    That picture is a hoot. Our Polish likes to drink muddy water. The other hen, a Blue Orp., won't touch it.

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by