Strange question for y'all about chicken deaths

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
by predators. When you've had a chicken killed and partially eaten by predators, what parts of the chicken are generally eaten? Head, feet and insides or muscle meat? TIA... I'll let ya know why I'm asking in a day or so.
smile.png

Different predators do different things to chickens.

Some eat the heads and leave the bodies.

Some eat out the guts and leave the rest.

Some take the entire bird and leave some feathers.

I have heard that Weasels will just bite and suck the blood, leaving what looks like a whole chicken behind. :| At least that is what I remember from when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Okay, let me narrow this down some. When you've had a chicken killed and eaten by a dog, which part or parts have been eaten, and which parts have been left behind, if any.

Quote:
It varies greatly when dogs are involved. Some dogs won't eat any part at all, like my mother's dog. Other dogs will eat the whole bird. So with dogs it is really hard to narrow it down. Because dogs can leave the birds in any shape, whole, mangled, shredded, or even completely eaten.

Did you have some birds eaten?

-Kim

Quote:
I know they aren't vampires... maybe the wives' tale started because they can't get the bird out of the coop the same way they came in. I am sure they can chew up a bird as well as anything out there if they want to. *shrug* I was just reminded of it recently by my landlord who is an old school, old timer.

No, I haven't lost a chicken, thank God. I was researching pet foods and came across a website where someone said dogs will only eat the head, feet and intestines of chickens and leave the muscle meat behind. Thought I'd simply ask the experts...
wink.png

Quote:
No, a dog will eat any part they feel like eating.

That almost sounds like an argument by the pet food industry to avoid feeding "the good stuff". LOL I mean, if a dog only eats the feet, head, and intestines of a chicken, that must leave the rest of it "conveniently and coincidently" for the humans. LOL

Just thought it was interesting.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom