1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Strange Silkie death

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Underwhere, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Underwhere

Underwhere Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    Today I went out to discover one of my white silkies dead in the nesting box.
    I have no idea why. No injuries.

The past 2 days or so she hasn't been herself. When let out of the run she would just stand there instead of walking around doing chicken stuff.

Another silkie of mine is showing similar symptoms so I'm nervous about losing her as well. Any insight?

They are about 2 years old. Temps have been in the 50's during the day and roughly 40 at night.
    They eat crumbles and lettuce. The 2 silkies generally sleep together in the nest.

2. Jessica_1285

Jessica_1285 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Fredonia PA
    Sorry can't help....but I lost 2 white silkie hens last month (same situation) how weird! :(

3. Underwhere

Underwhere Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    I do remember a few days ago she didn't want to go inside when it was dark. She was kind of standing at the entrance in the dark. I had to push her inside.

I'm also wondering if it might have been landscapers throwing down weed killer or something.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by