Strange situation. Need advice.

IndigoJag

Hatching
Aug 8, 2023
I have a bit of a situation and I'm not sure how to handle it. I had three adult guineas who free ranged. Over a few weeks, two of them disappeared, leaving only the male. He was very sad and sat in front of bumpers and beside cars where he could see himself. I think he thought it was another guinea. So I went out and bought more keets.
Now I need to figure out when I can put them together. I don't have any way to really separate them so they can see, but not get to each other and once I put him in with them, they will all need to be shut in together for a few weeks so he knows it's his home. I don't want to wait until they are the same size because I don't want them to hang up on him since there is 6 of them.
Can I put him in at night when they are 8 to 12 weeks old? Since he's so lonely and males usually like the keets, I'm wondering if it will be ok.

I have a bit of a situation and I'm not sure how to handle it. I had three adult guineas who free ranged. Over a few weeks, two of them disappeared, leaving only the male. He was very sad and sat in front of bumpers and beside cars where he could see himself. I think he thought it was another guinea. So I went out and bought more keets.
Now I need to figure out when I can put them together. I don't have any way to really separate them so they can see, but not get to each other and once I put him in with them, they will all need to be shut in together for a few weeks so he knows it's his home. I don't want to wait until they are the same size because I don't want them to gang up on him since there is 6 of them.
Can I put him in at night when they are 8 to 12 weeks old? Since he's so lonely and males usually like the keets, I'm wondering if it will be ok.
Are you sure that your missing guineas aren't on hidden nests?

Back
Top Bottom