Strange Situation

rachc216

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 20, 2014
Ok so a friend of mine is moving 6 hours away and had to get rid of all her chickens. When she got home from signing the papers on her new house, one of her hens was sitting on 16 eggs. Well the hen had to go Saturday and I took her my incubator on Thursday. She set it up Friday and put the eggs in Saturday morning. When I got to her house to pick them up the thermometer wasn't working and it was 109 and 95% humidity. Today would be day 21 at the absolute latest. I candle them tonight and there is no movement, no sound, nothing. Some were quitters and some were duds...how long do I leave the others before I just give up?

Ok so a friend of mine is moving 6 hours away and had to get rid of all her chickens. When she got home from signing the papers on her new house, one of her hens was sitting on 16 eggs. Well the hen had to go Saturday and I took her my incubator on Thursday. She set it up Friday and put the eggs in Saturday morning. When I got to her house to pick them up the thermometer wasn't working and it was 109 and 95% humidity. Today would be day 21 at the absolute latest. I candle them tonight and there is no movement, no sound, nothing. Some were quitters and some were duds...how long do I leave the others before I just give up?
I would let them go to day 23 just to make sure. Sometimes they get stubborn and are late to hatch.

I'm worried they got cooked, the best I can figure they were in that bator somewhere around 24 hours at 109 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom