Strangulation in tongue mimics Wet Fowl Pox. (An important lesson learned)

We haven't had the chance to get the water nipples yet. She drank out of a dog dish that I had setting out for the chickens.

I am beyond proud. :D

Here's a few pictures of Sunni that I took yesterday. She hasn't had to be fed with a syringe in free days. Being able to drink water has definitely helped her.

What an awful story, but I am so glad you found out the cause and she turned out okay!
It's amazing how much healthier she looks now, that big bright red comb and wattle on her
love.gif

What an awful story, but I am so glad you found out the cause and she turned out okay!

It's amazing how much healthier she looks now, that big bright red comb and wattle on her :love

Yeah, it was ruff what she went through, but she is like a normal chicken now. Which I am very grateful for. I am forever thankful that she pulled through this.

Last edited:
Update on Sunni: (sorry I haven't posted one in a while). Sunni lives in the house with me now. The other flock members were picking on her really bad, and she was miserable out there. So I ordered her some chicken diapers from a gal on BYC, and she has been living in the house with me for about a week. :)

She is doing great. She can eat just about everything on her own now, as long as it is bigger than a piece of cracked corn. Her all time favorite treat is bread. She knows what the bread back looks like, and she'll come running every time someone pulls a loaf of bread out of the pantry. Because bread is dry she has trouble getting it down, so I dip each piece in water for her. Then it goes down no problem. :)

She spends about 95% of the day around me, and she gets upset when she's not with me that other 5%. Her little crate in my room has a window on the side that's covered with chicken wire, and she loves to stand there and watch for me to come and get her. It's the cutest thing. :love I'll have to try and get some pictures of her doing it. I'll also post some pictures of her indoor enclosure today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom