Stray Chicken, need help identifying breed.

Dvivolo

Hatching
Apr 21, 2021
I live out in the country and after a huge winter storm I ended up with a chicken in my yard who has since made themselves at home. I have no idea what breed it is although I am thinking maybe an American Game? I do not have any close neighbors that have chickens so I am stumped. I will try to get better pictures but it is fairly wild as far as getting close to it because it is fairly wild (but seems to hang around my house).

Attachments

• 983CB984-2941-47A4-B79E-77F74879B3FD.jpeg
    983CB984-2941-47A4-B79E-77F74879B3FD.jpeg
    607.1 KB · Views: 16
  • F553F3D1-3FE4-40EE-9961-4484BCC61940.jpeg
    F553F3D1-3FE4-40EE-9961-4484BCC61940.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 16
I have checked with the neighbors closest to me and no one knows. I read chickens usually will make their way back is they haven’t strayed too far? She is very wild but she has been living free range for a while now.

She has been living outside my house for the better part of 2 months and I did not furnish anything as to not bait her to stay, if that makes sense? This week though I bought her a plastic box she could go in to get away from predators from the ag store (I am in Texas) and it has feed/water by it because I started to feel bad for her lol.

Last edited:
I have checked with the neighbors closest to me and no one knows. I read chickens usually will make their way back is they haven’t strayed too far? She is very wild but she has been living free range for a while now.

She has been living outside my house for the better part of 2 months and I did not furnish anything as to not bait her to stay, if that makes sense? This week though I bought her a plastic box she could go in to get away from predators from the ag store (I am in Texas) and it has feed/water by it because I started to feel bad for her lol.
If you know of anyone who owns chickens and might be interested, you should let them know about her. I doubt she will go in the plastic box, but she might start eating and drinking what you've put out for her.

If you know of anyone who owns chickens and might be interested, you should let them know about her. I doubt she will go in the plastic box, but she might start eating and drinking what you've put out for her.
Will do, it is a nesting box. Thanks again for the information :)

Back
Top Bottom