Stray Geese

Not much talk about your ducks, so I'll add my acquired-as-adults geese love the ducks. They are like mini geese. Where the ducks lead, the geese will follow -- be it trying treats, swimming, bathing, drinking, or free ranging. And the geese make the ducks feel more secure and they range further than they did pre-goose. Coop time and breeding season with goslings does require some separation.

They all make a ruckus when the ducks mate. The gander will try to breed the ducks; the girls either don't mind or move away.

Edit: The geese also prefer mating in water a lot more than the ducks. That may affect your pool choice.

Not much talk about your ducks, so I'll add my acquired-as-adults geese love the ducks. They are like mini geese. Where the ducks lead, the geese will follow -- be it trying treats, swimming, bathing, drinking, or free ranging. And the geese make the ducks feel more secure and they range further than they did pre-goose. Coop time and breeding season with goslings does require some separation.

They all make a ruckus when the ducks mate. The gander will try to breed the ducks; the girls either don't mind or move away.

Edit: The geese also prefer mating in water a lot more than the ducks. That may affect your pool choice.
The ducks are currently with the chickens. I'm not keen on keeping them all together. Once I build my new coop, I have every intention of keeping the ducks and geese together. I have a 400 gallon stock tank that we want to install for all the waterfowl to use. There's just a lot of work that still needs to be done for all of that to come together.

Look what I found in the goat barn!

IMG_20230207_184809176_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom