Dipsy Doodle Doo

ODD BIRD
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
My Coop
My Coop
And he came home tonight.
Streak was a feral kitten (truly feral, born to the witch-cat that was untrappable) I was not a cat person, so we found homes for all the kittens after we gentled them down. Streak was a kitten that didn't gentle down. No one else would want to deal with it so it has to live here.

I'm shocked and amazed 'Streaky' is home.
I'd combed the woods , calling and calling and had given up on ever seeing Streak again.
Here's the weird thing...
Last night, I dreamed Streak came home and I found him wandering lost in the lane. Just a dream, tho, the cat has been missing for 9 days.
This evening, after I got Hubby fed and put all the birds to bed, I went and sat in the lane and called (hollered) "Streak" and danged if I didn't hear a cat calling back in the distance. It took him about 30 minutes to cover the distance and we have Streaky back home.
smile.png

Lisa

woot.gif

wee.gif

Yay! I've had cats go on extended jaunts like that and it sure makes your day to have them come home.
Extra treats for Streak tonight!

SundownWaterfowl - I'm sorry about your Princess. :aww

Well, I say he just made a liar out of you (as pets often do
tongue.png
) if you think you didn't "gentle him down".
wink.png

Glad he came home! Hopefully he's decided that wandering isn't for him.

Yea for Streak! Those darn cats can worry us to death and be so non-challant about it

Thanks for caring for her. I have one just like that named Stinker. She comes when called. You can touch, trap, pet or barely get near her. I did catch her by crawling in the dog house one winter to get her spayed. That was no treat and the vet earned her money getting her out of the carrier.

Hi!
You'd have to understand that Streak spent a year here either hiding behind the freezer in the pantry and only coming out in the middle of the night to eat, potty, (he did always use a litterbox and that was his 'saving grace') and tear all the curtains down --- I spent months with no curtains because he'd just tear them down every night.
He is a total housecat, the only time he's been 'out of the house' since he was trapped as a kit was to go to the vet twice for routine stuff (to get fixed and shots) and Hubby accidentally let him out and he never went farther than the deck.
Streak still *mostly* hides from anyone but me.

Streak has been a member of our family for over 5 yrs now and is beyond tearing down curtains.

I would love to know where he was for all that time, but I guess it will always be a mystery.
smile.png

Lisa

Probably knocking up (or trying) the neighbor girls
lau.gif

Glad to hear hes home though!!
hugs.gif
Longest my boy has every been gone was 3 days, and thats nerve racking enough!

Back
Top Bottom