I was just out gathering up the flock from free ranging, feeding treats, and dumping dirty water buckets. I happened to look inside the coop, and found one of my hens panting and acting unusual. Upon closer inspection, she had a piece of string wrapped around her leg, and it was cought on a piece of wood, trapping her.It's the string that comes on every feed bag. I usually dispose of them in the garbage can where the feed is stored, but this one somehow made it into the coop and run. I was able to get her unstuck, but she easily could have overheated or wrapped her leg up so tightly that it became necrotic. Eating it would have been just as bad or worse (can you say 'linear foreign body') Just an FYI to everyone that something as simple as a piece of string can be very dangerous to our birds. I will certainly be more careful in the future.