String tied to tongue

Lyndee2015

Hatching
Apr 19, 2023
My 5 week old chicken pecked off some string on a moving blanket I had covering their pen. I used scissors to try and cut the string off. I accidentally cut the long portion off and its still very tight around her tongue. Im scared its going to get infected or she won't be able to eat or drink. HELP! PLEASE

Attachments

• 20230419_204440.jpg
    20230419_204440.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 4
Do you have anything like a scalpel? Nail scissors?
These, and they are pretty thin but I still can't keep her still enough to get the ends under the string on her tongue. I think whats going to happen is her tongue is going to fall off. Then I worry about if she will survive with the other chickens UGHHH!!!

Attachments

• 20230419_211815.jpg
    20230419_211815.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 3
These, and they are pretty thin but I still can't keep her still enough to get the ends under the string on her tongue. I think whats going to happen is her tongue is going to fall off. Then I worry about if she will survive with the other chickens UGHHH!!!
Don't give up yet, do you have anyone to hold her head?

It's just going to have to be done, I know it's hard watching them panic.
Yes It is. The problem is that I cant hold onto her tongue long enough to get the scissors under the thread to clip before she flips and flops out of his hands. Ive wrapped her in a towel and hes holding on pretty tight but its just too much. Shes eating at the moment and I gave her water with a syringe. Put her growth seeds in water so it will be mushy, and im boiling eggs to puree and give to her.

Back
Top Bottom