We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Stroke

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by thudson, Jul 22, 2019.

1. thudson

thudson Songster

Apr 2, 2013
    Gatesville Texas
    Hello all my friends! I have been gone a little while. I have been in a way incapacitated. I am 53 years old and had a mild Stroke recently. I am recovering a doing pretty well now. Lord knows it was a scary situation. But on the good side of things my girls are getting me strong again and active. One surprising note is if you recall from one of my stories, I hatched my first hen from an incubator not too long ago. Well she decided on her own she wanted to be a mom. So in the heat of July she went broody. As of yesterday she did in fact become a mother hen. One egg hatched late last night! Looking forward to my girl running around with her little babies soon. Well it's good to be back and I will lend a hand or advice when I can! Thanks all, talk to you all soon!!:old

2. Aunt Angus

Aunt Angus Crowing

Jul 16, 2018
    Sacramento County, CA
    My Coop
    Congrats on your recovery!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome back and wishing a complete recovery for you. Congratulations on the broody mama.

4. N F C

N F C Champion

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    It's nice to have you back again! And congrats on recent hatch.

thudson, sourland and DobieLover like this.
  5. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello. Nice to meet you.
    Congratulations on your recovery! And on your broody hen success. I hope she has a good hatch and you thoroughly enjoy watching that little family.

thudson, sourland and N F C like this.
  6. Noah Way Farm

Noah Way Farm In the Brooder

Apr 29, 2019
    South Carolina
    Glad you are doing better! I know how scary that is! I had a series of strokes 1 1/2 years ago, at the age of 49. It has had a HUGE impact on my life! Word of advice- take it easy and don't feel bad about resting when you need to. Fatigue is a big part of stroke aftermath.
    Best to you!

sourland, thudson and N F C like this.
  7. thudson

thudson Songster

Apr 2, 2013
    Gatesville Texas
    You are definitely correct. Fatigue is definitely my biggest issue right now! Thanks for the advice, I definitely have to take it a lot easier and more frequent breaks. I appreciate you, thanks so much!

sourland and Noah Way Farm like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: