1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Strombergs Quail Eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by lowcountrypoultry, Jul 30, 2008.

1. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Has anyone ever bought quail eggs from Strombergs?

Or eggs at all? I want to buy some more Coturnix quail eggs to put in the bator with some more im getting in the mail.

This same one is posted in the hatcheries section, but didn't get a response. Soo anyone? [​IMG]

2. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Honestly, I have only bought plucker parts from Stromberg's. I usually get quail eggs off of ebay and eggbid. I would assume their eggs should hatch just as well as anyone else's.

3. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    I haven't, but here's the names of the members of BYC that do have Quail for sale. Maybe you could get some eggs from them shipped to you.

Quail:

Bobwhite- Mothergoose , Tennessee red; Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain; gamebirdsonly ; ace_king_brahma ;
    Button- Dipsy Doodle Doo ; Mothergoose ; wilds of pa, butler, pure white; Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain;
    Coturnix- Mothergoose , jumbo; SamG347, jumbo brown; Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain; gamebirdsonly ; Ace_King_Brahma , standard & jumbos, various colors;

4. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Quote:I've got A&M Giant White Coturnix too, please put me on the list! [​IMG] (They're not laying yet, but should start any day).

Thanks!

-Kim

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:These are Great people to order eggs from [​IMG]

I only order eggs from BYC's members [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  6. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks Everyone!

7. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I only have standard coturnix eggs coming in. My goldens are on some super strike with me!

As far as Stromberg eggs I'm curious in trying to order their Bob-Birds a hybrid of bobwhite and coturnix.

ETA: My eggs that are available might even be a mix of Texas A&M crosses and Standard as I have a TAM cock in with my standards.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  8. TNgbirdfan2014

TNgbirdfan2014 New Egg

Oct 19, 2014
    I ordered 24 of the standard coturnix hatching eggs from Stromberg's. They sent me 30 eggs. 2 were cracked. 19 hatched. One was deformed and had to be culled immediately after it hatched. 18 are strong and healthy at four weeks old. I also ordered 12 jumbo coturnix eggs from Turnbull Farms off of Amazon at the same time. got 12 eggs and 7 hatched. These are larger birds and one was white like the Texas A&M's. 25 birds and only 8 are female. Quail for thanksgiving?

9. pshay4

pshay4 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2010
    Stromberg's does not produce their own products. When you order, the product is drop-shipped from the supplier. Quality could vary widely if they change suppliers.

10. dc3085

dc3085 Chillin' With My Peeps

When it comes to coturnix quail strombergs line is pretty good. I wouldn't be afraid to order their quail eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by