Stuck in a job I hate .... want to do chickens full time ... reality sucks..

That can never be certain.

Please yourself. I won't waste time arguing the point with you.
old.gif

The future is only as good as your next breath. Folly is thinking you are in control. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, investments are not guarantees and retirement is not what it seems.

Contracts always have a way out for either party and a good employer will recognize a good servant.

OP do a job that you enjoy if possible, count your blessings not your woes. Doors will open and doors will close in life, be prepared for that and be content in whatever you do.

'retirement is not what it seems'. For me it's better than I expected. I hope that's true for most people but you do have to be ready for it. Prepare financially as best you can and have some interests.

'a good employer will recognize and good servant'. Maybe, but good employers also have to downsize sometimes and may even go out of business. Don't put your future in the hands of an employer.

'retirement is not what it seems'. For me it's better than I expected. I hope that's true for most people but you do have to be ready for it. Prepare financially as best you can and have some interests.

'a good employer will recognize and good servant'. Maybe, but good employers also have to downsize sometimes and may even go out of business. Don't put your future in the hands of an employer.
Absolutely on target!

You know, I've always believed that it is the hobby on the side (here, chickens) that keeps people sane while plucking down 40 hours a week in an unfulfilling job. Keep at those chickens, because your husband is right, they are keeping you going right now!

And as others said, if you want to do it full time, take your time planning and keep in mind that 9 out of 10 new businesses fail. You've definitely got to do your homework.

Last edited:
Leave it to my chicken family....
You guys/girls are great!
All advice, support and occassional words that I really don't want to hear, are all welcome and appreciated.

I think the poor me syndrome is over for now. Long weekend should put some wind back in my sails.

Love you all
Tricia

Leave it to my chicken family....
You guys/girls are great!
All advice, support and occassional words that I really don't want to hear, are all welcome and appreciated.
I think the poor me syndrome is over for now. Long weekend should put some wind back in my sails.
Love you all
Tricia

Good to hear! Sometimes we need both tea and sympathy and a kick in the butt to get back on track. Have a great weekend and enjoy the chickens' company.

Back
Top Bottom