Stuck on what to get DH for Christmas

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Nov 29, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I can only afford to get him one nice gift this year and can't decide on what it should be.

Option #1 - A new stereo (with installation kit) for his jeep. The CD player of the factory installed one doesn't work. He's tried to fix it, but can't.

Option #2 - A new joystick for his computer. He likes to play flying games on his puter and not all the buttons on his current joystick work.

Option #3 - A flat screened monitor for his computer. He's window shopped for one many times.

These are all things he's looked at, but won't buy for himself because of the cost.

I need help! Where's ridgerunner when I need him?!?

2. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    IMO, #1, particularly if he has to make any long commutes, etc.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:That's something I should have mentioned. His jeep is basically a Sunday driver. He's in his patrol car throughout the work week. On his days off, we usually take my jeep if we have to go to town.

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I vote #3. Cuz out of all the other ones I think he would use that one most

5. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    I vote #3 too.

6. chickon baby

chickon baby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    st charles
    Does he use the pc for games the most? Is this his "down time~destresser"?? If so I'd opt for the joy stick.If he uses the pc for other things more than games,Id vote for the moniter. Watch for the sales n perhaps you can find a great deal n get both!!!

7. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    #3 [​IMG]

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:He plays his flying games, a flight simulator and such, on his PC. He's rarely on the computer otherwise.

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If it were my husband, the joystick would be the best choice. If he were in his car more, I would pick the cd player, but I think a working joystick would be the best as long as the monitor he has works.

10. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    I'd go with The Joystick first, followed by the monitor. In third place I'd throw in satelite radio for his jeep, or an ipod or itouch that he can broadcast to his radio instead of the cd player. All of his CD's can be put onto the computer and onto the ipod/itouch. AND he can play games on the itouch too! (Combo gift!)

Laney

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by