Stumbling Silkie

Aug 7, 2020
My Silkie roo has been stumbling a lot today. He is acting like he’s intoxicated and falls a bit even. Is this an equilibrium problem or an injury and how can I help him. Thank you.

Does he have a vaulted skull, and is there any chance he may have received a blow to his head ?
He does not have a vaulted skull, I don’t see how he would have received any severe damage to the head, the only damage would have been from another flock mate, but he usually stays out of any conflicts.

Next question: Is he able too see right, can you see his eyes when standing in front of him?

If not, plaese trim back all the fluff to allow for unobstructed view. Often crested breeds as Silkies and Polish suffer from overgrown head feathers leading to loss of orientation and even starvation.

Next question: Is he able too see right, can you see his eyes when standing in front of him?

If not, plaese trim back all the fluff to allow for unobstructed view. Often crested breeds as Silkies and Polish suffer from overgrown head feathers leading to loss of orientation and even starvation.
He has a very small crest (he’s a mixed breed) so his vision is fine, but he’s all better now. I don’t know what his issue is but he resolved it. Thank you for the advice, any how. :)

Back
Top Bottom