Stumbling SS help please!!

Did you already inspect the coop for poultry mites? A double-sided adhesive tape wrapped around each side of the roosts just where they meet the walls will show if there is any mite infestation.

Offer her some scrambled eggs with oatmeal, brewers yeast and millet.
I would think if it is mites ( which I haven’t seen any on her yet) one of the other girls in the same coop would show signs also at the same time. I can spray the coop again and kill anything in it to be sure that’s to easy.

Sometimes mites/lice will only get one bird, sometimes several, sometimes the whole bunch, just depends. Often if a bird is having other issues, is weakened by something else, the mites/lice seem to find them. And some mites only live in the coop and come out at night while they are roosting to feed on the birds, so checking at night with a flashlight or lantern after they've gone to roost is a good idea. The tape on the roosts, as suggested, is also a good idea. It may not be an issue, but whenever there is something going on with a bird it's a really good idea to rule that in or out. It could be the cause of a problem or make something else worse if they are there.

Sometimes mites/lice will only get one bird, sometimes several, sometimes the whole bunch, just depends. Often if a bird is having other issues, is weakened by something else, the mites/lice seem to find them. And some mites only live in the coop and come out at night while they are roosting to feed on the birds, so checking at night with a flashlight or lantern after they've gone to roost is a good idea. The tape on the roosts, as suggested, is also a good idea. It may not be an issue, but whenever there is something going on with a bird it's a really good idea to rule that in or out. It could be the cause of a problem or make something else worse if they are there.
We’ve pretty well came down to 2 things, one the snake bite theory is correct, and she is a victim also. Second working theory is she had a neurological issue. We’ve had her inside all week, she has gained strength back, acts normal, but still stumbles and acts like she either #1 can’t control her right side(leg), or #2 body isn’t responding to motor control functions she is trying to do. She is alert and will talk to me and respond to me, asked for her petting and love, if doesn’t want to be messed with she will walk away from you, chirping at you telling me no I don’t want petting right now.

Also so far no other bird is showing signs of any issues, minus we have one mean hen lol

Unfortunately we had to cull our poor Speedy last night, she was still stumbling, but acted great last few days. All of a sudden yesterday she just went down hill.

Back
Top Bottom