stupid fox

chixie

Songster
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
kountze texas
I thought I was loosing chickens too racoons... nope. Its a fox. DH was leaving for work when he heard my chickens fussing so we went out side and checked on them. my cat was chasing a fox off. we found one of my roosters stuck thru a hole in the fence. the stupid fox couldnt get him out of the hole he went in... this was done in the daylight

Interesting. One of my cats chases foxes away, too, as do I. Once they're chased away a couple of times, they stop trying. Then you're safe for awhile because your neighborhood fox know the deal. They don't want to waste energy if they don't think they can succeed. If that fox moves on or gets killed, another one is likely to come and have to go through the same process until it learns. At least that's how it seems to work around here.

what a good kitty. That cat has earned a tuna treat (tuna in a can sprinkled with catnip)
Is the rooster ok or did the fox already kill him? Sounds like you need to check your coop for all possible points of entry and do a bit of fortifying.

it was morning and the rooster was out in the big yard with my ducks and geese... the rooster was already dead. funny thing is I have a whole flock of chickens that free range all of the time and nothing gets them. I have a GP dog and several other large breed dogs that didnt bother running him off. plus a donkey that usually tries to kill anything smaller than him that sat there and watched. he usually breighs when anything is on our property but he didnt this morning. I gues they all took off for the holidays. I really don't want to kill this fox. It is really a beautiful animal. but if he keeps this up he will have to go... I

this afternoon DH and I are going out to work on the fence and everything else. and its really sad that my small cat has to do the job of my dogs.

Back
Top Bottom