Stupid rain....

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
We got a good start, but no where near what I had hoped. I had 'on-loan' a local BYCer and his 2 nephews, but the weather just wasn't cooperating. We got the floor and the framework of 1 wall done before calling it quits.
sad.png

Of course, 10 minutes after they left, the sun came out
rant.gif

I didn't get pics yet, but I will as soon as I can. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow, so probably not then either.

I also made the mistake of listening to my dad (again
roll.png
). He told me he had plenty of 12' boards out here, I should have checked. So the building is 10x10 instead of 12x12. Hopefully this won't affect things too badly.
idunno.gif

I know what you mean, I got an old camper to conver to a hatchery/brooder and can't get anything done for the rain. I guess anything is better than nothing, though!

Building a chicken coop is a sure cure for drought. It took me half the summer to build a new coop; rained every weekend.

Post # 951
Pictures, Shelley? How about a progress report. I know what you mean about the darn rain. We have had 2 days and nights of rain. Finally, today, we had sunshine and 55. Suppose to be in the 30s tonight though. BBrrrr. Good luck with your build! Have fun!

Last edited:
Today would have been okay to work on it, except that I feel like I've been hit by a truck all day.
th.gif
I'm having severe dizziness, it kind of wore off as the day went on, but no way was I able to do anything! Probably from working in the rain the other day when we were trying to get it done.
hmm.png
I need to recruit some new helpers, I can't do it by myself, unless it's a half-decent job
sad.png

Post # 955
Well, I hope you get to feelin' better REAL soon!
hugs.gif

Sure you can do it! Just go a little at a time, so as not to get overwhelmed (and mad!) ... Where are you at, in the build? Have the frame part done, or all in? Framing isn't too hard, except you may need help standing it up. Are you taking pictures, so you can enter the coop contest? I love looking at those.

Sending well wishes your way .....

So far the floor and the frame of one wall is done. I've got too much homework to do today to be able to do anything on it, and it's so beautiful out!
hit.gif
I really need to get this done, so I can get the stinky chicks outside. I just changed brooders out 2 days ago, and they are already stinky
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom