stupid roo! gone?

klf73

Mad Scientist
14 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Maine
I just recently started to let my youngest chickens free range, they hatched in the fall. They have been doing fine, and are in a coop in the backyard, while my older chickens are across the street(dead end dirt road). I heard a ruckus around 6pm and went out to see what was going on. One of the roos from the backyard decided to go see what the other chickens were doing. He is a showgirl(still pretty big) and I guess they thought he looked funny LOL. I tried rounding him up to get him to the back yard but he wouldn't go. He kept running away from me. The best I could do was get him 50 feet from his coop and decided to leave him alone. It was starting to downpour and we were in the middle of dinner. I figured when he was done looking around(or whatever he was doing) he would go back to his coop. I went out a while later to lock everyone up for the night and can't find him anywhere
idunno.gif
. There aren't any other chickens for miles, so I know he didn't go to someone elses place for that.......
I feel bad but couldn't catch him, he went from the woods to the thorns and brush. Wonder if he will make it through the night? I went out to look again but still don't hear anything.....

well, I left the coop open late and when I went out with the flashlight I didn't see him in the coop. This morning I went to let them out and he strutted out of the coop, no idea where he was hiding in there....so apparently he did put himself away.....

Back
Top Bottom