Styrofoam Incubators Club

What kind of Styrofoam Incubator do you have?

• Hovabator

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • Little Giant--manual controls

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Little Giant--digital controls

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • Farm innovators

Votes: 33 24.3%

• Total voters
Pics

First chick is out! She fairly flew out of her shell. Pipped this morning, hatched at lunch time! She's feisty!

New to incubating. Got my first batch in a farminovator. 7 eggs as they are guinea pigs of a rookie. I read a lot of threads that mention lockdown. What is "lockdown" and I was going off the instructions for humidity. %65. Can I hatch without doing the humidity thing? The dry reading is about 32 for the humidity.

New to incubating. Got my first batch in a farminovator. 7 eggs as they are guinea pigs of a rookie. I read a lot of threads that mention lockdown. What is "lockdown" and I was going off the instructions for humidity. %65. Can I hatch without doing the humidity thing? The dry reading is about 32 for the humidity.

Lockdown is the last 3 days of incubation. You remove your turner and raise your humidity til hatch.

65 to 70 humidity is good for hatching.

Dry incubation 25 to 35 percent humidity is a good range for that.

For the most part never trust the gauges on the incubator. Always double check with accurate tested thermometers and humidity gauges.

Lockdown is the last 3 days of incubation. You remove your turner and raise your humidity til hatch.

65 to 70 humidity is good for hatching.

Dry incubation 25 to 35 percent humidity is a good range for that.

For the most part never trust the gauges on the incubator. Always double check with accurate tested thermometers and humidity gauges.
x2

I have the Little Giant 9300 with the automatic egg turner as well. I have put in a trusted and proven digital thermometer that reads humidity levels as well in there and yes the degrees is always off by about 2 degrees. So I base it off the digital thermometer and I have to have the thermostat set on the little giant at about 101.8 or so to get the perfect 99.5 degrees. They can be a useful bator as long as you have a thermostat to check the real temp in the bator.
What digital thermometer do you use?

What digital thermometer do you use?
There is a link 1-2 pages before for a good thermometer, 2 is better than one, the one on the incubator is no where near right.

We are on day 11 of turkey incubating. Going to candle and....sniff...them tonight. I really don't want a bad egg to explode which I understand is more common in turkey eggs. I'm thinking I should have had one of my broodies hatch these guys, but I thought my reliable one would be done soon, and the other abandoned a hatch last year and we had to switch hens.

Back
Top Bottom