Submit your favorite pumpkin recipes here!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
Now that it's October, it's time to get cooking with that ever yummy and nutritious pumpkin!

Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share? Submit it here! It could be anything from soup, to muffins, to cake, to cookies, to pancakes.
tongue.png

I got this one from Kraftfoods.com. It is GREAT! The tips at the bottom are based on my experience.

Ginger Crust Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake

25 ginger snaps, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix ginger snap crumbs, pecans and butter; press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.

BEAT cream cheese, 3/4 cup of the sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Remove 1-1/2 cups of the batter; place in small bowl. Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the pumpkin and spices into remaining batter. Spoon half of the pumpkin batter into crust; top with spoonfuls of half of the reserved plain batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batters with knife several times for marble effect.

BAKE 55 min. or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 slices. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

Dallas’s Tips:
In addition to the crushed gingersnaps, I also stand whole gingersnaps around the edge of the pan before pouring in the batter.
I use two packages of regular cream cheese and two packages of fat free cream cheese. For some reason it makes a better texture and makes the cake less likely to crack.

This might sound odd.. but YUM!!!! I got it from Epicurious
First published in Bon Appétit October 2000

Southwestern Pumpkin Soup

3 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream

1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin ( I use my own home made pumpkin)
3 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup (packed) grated sharp cheddar cheese
Chopped fresh cilantro

Bring chicken stock and whipping cream to boil in heavy medium pot. Whisk in canned pumpkin, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, coriander and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until soup thickens slightly and flavors blend, about 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Soup can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cool. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally.) Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish each serving with cheddar cheese and cilantro and serve.

Extra Cilantro and cheese are a must for me.

Last edited:
Can I post my Pumpkin Bread here w/o it being considered a "double post" ??? *invisible person said "YES"* GREAT!

Pumpkin Bread

2 cups SUGAR
4 EGGS
1 ½ cups OIL
2 cups FLOUR
1 teaspoon SALT
2 teaspoons BAKING SODA
2 teaspoons CINNAMON (or pumpkin pie spice)
1 ½ cups canned PUMPKIN
1/2 cup chopped WALNUTS

Preheat oven to 350. Blend together sugar, eggs and oil thoroughly.

Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately to above mixture with the pumpkin, mixing well after each addition. Stir in walnuts.

Bake in greased and floured 10-inch tube pan (like a Bundt pan) for ONE hour (test from 40 minutes on). Cool 20-25 minutes in the pan.

Bread is very soft and moist. You could even frost it with a cream cheese frosting to serve more like a cake.

I think these are soft enough to use as muffins, too.

NOTE: I used this recipe today following my diabetic modifications (below) and I also used fresh (cooked/cooled/mashed) pumpkin instead of canned. I baked them in oiled muffin tins and they came out great, just a lighter color due to the fresh pumpkin.

ETA:
I have tweeked this recipe (I am diabetic) with good results. The recipe substitutions are:

1 cup Splenda for Baking (make sure it's "FOR BAKING" or now called "Sugar Blend")
2 eggs
1 cup oil

I also added along with the cinnamon:
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves

I had good results substituting half of the flour with WHITE whole wheat flour (it's whole wheat but a different wheat berry).

i went to the adirondaks and there is a candy store there near the water slide park in old forge and they make the best pumpkin fudge.. i would love the recipe if anyone makes it.. like pumpkin pie but fudge

Quote:
That sounds interesting and yummy! It would be great if we could get a recipe for it.
smile.png

ok i couldn't resist and went on line to find a pumpkin fudge recipe. this one looks the closest thing to what i might have had..
2c sugar
1 c brown sugar
3/4 c butter
2/3 c evaporated milk
1/2 c pumpkin from a can
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
heat and stir constantly till soft ball stage. 234 degrees. remove from heat and add..
1 pkg white chocolate chips
1 7oz jar marshmallow creme
1 c nut (optional)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
pour into well buttered 9x13 pan

Back
Top Bottom