Sudden Death

My goodness. I'm so sorry for your loss. She may have just been ready to go, and the roo might have done her a favor. No matter what, it's terrible. Treat yourself to some ice cream.
She doesn't hate you. Sometimes there's nothing we can do except ease it.

There are many treats in chicken heaven.

My goodness. I'm so sorry for your loss. She may have just been ready to go, and the roo might have done her a favor. No matter what, it's terrible. Treat yourself to some ice cream.
I think so too... she was already weak and the roo did what I wasn't able to do for months, setting her free.

I'm so sorry :hugsNo matter how much one cares for their chickens there's only so much you can do to help them. I'm sure she loves you as much as a chicken can and doesn't feel any ill will to you. It could be the rooster who was the final straw, but she could've also just been too weak to go on. Whenever I'm feeling guilty over a chicken's passing I like to remind myself that even if I had been able to do something then, something else could've happened the next week, or next day, or next hour... there are only so many things we can control and fix. As others have said I don't believe they experience pain or fear in their final moments. Most animals also don't understand death or know that it's about to happen to them.

Back
Top Bottom