Sudden lathargacy - slight bluing on comb

That isn't insensitive :) I would have but my husband disposed of the carcass before I told him my plans. I probably will do it myself if I lose any more. I love my birds but I am not squimish about their life cycle.

Hate to hear it, and this reminds me that even the most dilligent are still gonna have losses. I second the good advice of casportpony, in regard to necropsy ... at this point? It's the best thing you can do for your flock, and the only way to ease your valid concerns about possible infection(s).

And ... can't imagine all that sweetness of watchin' her eggs hatch could leave the slightest room in your heart for even the smallest taste of bitterness ~'-)

That isn't insensitive
smile.png
I would have but my husband disposed of the carcass before I told him my plans. I probably will do it myself if I lose any more. I love my birds but I am not squimish about their life cycle.

Man, these forums sure are hard for me to follow ... necropsy woulda been nice, but learning that you have a spouse that's gonna do their best for you is by far the most valuable of all informations you could ever hope to gain from the loss of any bird ~'-)

I know this is a dead thread, but I wanted to say every egg I had in the Bator of hers hatched. They are a seemly healthy and bouncy!

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
Congratulations - I had read the thread and she was one very, very pretty girl - post some pics of her babies when you can!!!!

Out of your sorrow - you now have her babies to keep her memory alive... precious!!! Hope they look like her!

Suzie

I know this is a dead thread, but I wanted to say every egg I had in the Bator of hers hatched. They are a seemly healthy and bouncy!
Thanks again for the help.

It's no longer a dead thread, 'cause we've posted w/in it ... and, it's no longer one that ends on a tragic note, either: Congratulations ... 100%? That's really great to hear (thanks for the update ~'-)

Back
Top Bottom