Sudden quail deaths

2 meters is very high for quail, I believe that’s close to 6 feet? Most people keep them under 24-36 inches so they can’t build up speed to bonk too hard. You can hang a net below the roof to keep them from hitting.

I'm sorry for your loss :hugs I don't really know what the problem is. It's quite strange because it's only the males.

Did you say they were siblings? If so, you can't breed them.
Thanks, yes it is rather strange! The 4 males are from one breeder and the 4 females from another, so they are not real 'siblings' but they were all hatched at the same time and they grew up together.

2 meters is very high for quail, I believe that’s close to 6 feet? Most people keep them under 24-36 inches so they can’t build up speed to bonk too hard. You can hang a net below the roof to keep them from hitting.
I know I’m a little late to this conversation but I raise bobwhite quail as a business and 6 feet is about perfect. You either want less than 2 feet, or more than 6 feet. Less the 2 prevents them from building up vertical speed, and 6 or more allows them to slow down or change course before hitting too hard. Anywhere between 2-6 feet is however extremely dangerous in my experience w/ having broken necks and stunned/disabled birds. Hope this helps somebody

Back
Top Bottom