Sudden switch in chcik starter brands

Ccort

Crowing
Dec 30, 2021
Kentucky, USA
My five weeks old keep knocking over their food. I am picking up a bag of Purina chick starter and grower to feed them today since all their previous food has been knocked over and is gone. They were on Manna Pro chick starter. Will this sudden switch in diet lead to any stomach upset? Both seem like good foods at least.

My five weeks old keep knocking over their food. I am picking up a bag of Purina chick starter and grower to feed them today since all their previous food has been knocked over and is gone. They were on Manna Pro chick starter. Will this sudden switch in diet lead to any stomach upset? Both seem like good foods at least.

It will probably be fine.
Most chicken foods, starter and otherwise, have very similar ingredients (corn, maybe other grains, soy, small amounts of other things.)

It can be nice to switch gradually, but when that is not an option you just do what you have to do-- put out a dish of the new stuff and let them have it. There are usually no problems.

It will probably be fine.
Most chicken foods, starter and otherwise, have very similar ingredients (corn, maybe other grains, soy, small amounts of other things.)

It can be nice to switch gradually, but when that is not an option you just do what you have to do-- put out a dish of the new stuff and let them have it. There are usually no problems.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom