Suddenly Aggressive Dog

I think in certain situations like that it’s definitely necessary for her own safety!! I can’t believe people purposely tried to hit her. :(

And oh wow that’s terrible!! :( I think a lot depends on how it’s used. It has to be conditioned and trained properly and of course start on the lowest possible level that works for that dog, which for some might even be simply the vibrate setting. But too many people don’t want to bother with properly conditioning it figuring out what level their dog responds to and just slap it on on 100 and wonder why the dog is scared or fearful and gets burned. :(

I think they can be useful for some stuff sometimes but the vast majority of dogs definitely do not need them. Too many people rely on them solely. Prongs too. All these things, even treats, are tools designed to be weaned off of them eventually so they can be trained and well behaved without it but too many people use them as crutches and never bother moving past them.
I agree with that, there are some situations where they are necessary, such as when the situation would cause much more harm to the dog or others than what a SMALL shock would. I don't think there should even be a setting that would cause such burns!
Some people use them when they are too lazy to train a dog though, such as my moms good friend hasn't been able to potty train her puppy, so she's shock collared him! Worst part is, this puppy is a 12 week old mini dachshund!

I agree with that, there are some situations where they are necessary, such as when the situation would cause much more harm to the dog or others than what a SMALL shock would. I don't think there should even be a setting that would cause such burns!
Some people use them when they are too lazy to train a dog though, such as my moms good friend hasn't been able to potty train her puppy, so she's shock collared him! Worst part is, this puppy is a 12 week old mini dachshund!
Yeah exactly!! I think the key is SMALL shock and very specific situations.

And yeah I don’t know why they even have collars that go up so high!!! I can’t imagine any dog ever actually needing that. Even the most stubborn or difficult ones. I think a lot of people probably just leave them on constantly too and/or use the wrong size contacts too which would contribute. They’re not meant to be on all the time.

And oh my gosh that’s terrible!!! :(

It’s situations like those where I can see why people want to ban them!! That’s horrible!! What exactly is the collar even supposed to do!? It’s not like the puppy knows it’s wrong!! That’s just going to make that poor puppy fearful and scared. :(

People shouldn’t even have dogs if they’re that lazy! I get that some dogs are difficult to house train but that’s still so young!! He cannot be expected to be fully housebroken at that age!! And who the heck puts a shock collar on a PUPPY!? 😭 :mad:

I bet the dog also doesn’t have a schedule or anything either yet somehow it’s it’s fault?

Yeah exactly!! I think the key is SMALL shock and very specific situations.

And yeah I don’t know why they even have collars that go up so high!!! I can’t imagine any dog ever actually needing that. Even the most stubborn or difficult ones. I think a lot of people probably just leave them on constantly too and/or use the wrong size contacts too which would contribute. They’re not meant to be on all the time.

And oh my gosh that’s terrible!!! :(

It’s situations like those where I can see why people want to ban them!! That’s horrible!! What exactly is the collar even supposed to do!? It’s not like the puppy knows it’s wrong!! That’s just going to make that poor puppy fearful and scared. :(

People shouldn’t even have dogs if they’re that lazy! I get that some dogs are difficult to house train but that’s still so young!! He cannot be expected to be fully housebroken at that age!! And who the heck puts a shock collar on a PUPPY!? 😭 :mad:

I bet the dog also doesn’t have a schedule or anything either yet somehow it’s it’s fault?
Exactly! Some people don't deserve dogs in the slightest. They just don't want to put any effort into training, they just want a loveable and obedient puppy and take the laziest way possible to get it.

Exactly! Some people don't deserve dogs in the slightest. They just don't want to put any effort into training, they just want a loveable and obedient puppy and take the laziest way possible to get it.
Yeah it’s so sad!!! Shelters and rescues are full of adolescent dogs people gave up because they were no longer a cute little puppy and were suddenly an unruly, untrained big dog. :(

And I also see people asking all the time why their 6 month old, 1 year old, whatever dog isn’t perfectly trained yet and I just wanna scream. :lau

I usually just keep scrolling but I do wanna be like... DUH! It takes time and effort!!! Dogs aren’t just magically trained and born knowing stuff!!! It can take 2-3 years before they’re fully trained and calm and even then they’re never really “fully trained” because training is lifelong.

I also saw something recently about a little puppy that I think was chewing on some stuff or something and they thought it was so abnormal and were like why isn’t he behaving!? 🤦‍♀️

Saw another one on here a few months ago where someone had two 8 week old LGD puppies, maybe they were older at the time of the post not sure, but they basically stuck them out alone as little tiny puppies and were wondering why they were chasing the chickens and being “bad” and why the protecting wasn’t just instinctual. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I swear some people just shouldn’t have animals haha

And I get that some people aren’t born knowing everything but it is so easy to do even just a little bit of research before you become responsible for a living being. And some is just plain common sense 😂🤣

Yeah it’s so sad!!! Shelters and rescues are full of adolescent dogs people gave up because they were no longer a cute little puppy and were suddenly an unruly, untrained big dog. :(

And I also see people asking all the time why their 6 month old, 1 year old, whatever dog isn’t perfectly trained yet and I just wanna scream. :lau

I usually just keep scrolling but I do wanna be like... DUH! It takes time and effort!!! Dogs aren’t just magically trained and born knowing stuff!!! It can take 2-3 years before they’re fully trained and calm and even then they’re never really “fully trained” because training is lifelong.

I also saw something recently about a little puppy that I think was chewing on some stuff or something and they thought it was so abnormal and were like why isn’t he behaving!? 🤦‍♀️

Saw another one on here a few months ago where someone had two 8 week old LGD puppies, maybe they were older at the time of the post not sure, but they basically stuck them out alone as little tiny puppies and were wondering why they were chasing the chickens and being “bad” and why the protecting wasn’t just instinctual. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I swear some people just shouldn’t have animals haha

And I get that some people aren’t born knowing everything but it is so easy to do even just a little bit of research before you become responsible for a living being. And some is just plain common sense 😂🤣
For real!
Every time I get a new breed or species of animal, I do extensive research BEFORE I get them so I know exactly what I'm getting into. Most people will just see some kind of cute animal in a pet shop and decide they want it, and get upset when their total lack of knowledge and training causes the animal to not even know the meaning of obedience!

I swear, if the world decided to do some population control based on common sense, I seriously doubt even half the world would be left! :lau

I really wish the world were perfect. Every animal with a perfect home, etc.
We really don't deserve the love that our pets give us

For real!
Every time I get a new breed or species of animal, I do extensive research BEFORE I get them so I know exactly what I'm getting into. Most people will just see some kind of cute animal in a pet shop and decide they want it, and get upset when their total lack of knowledge and training causes the animal to not even know the meaning of obedience!

I swear, if the world decided to do some population control based on common sense, I seriously doubt even half the world would be left! :lau

I really wish the world were perfect. Every animal with a perfect home, etc.
We really don't deserve the love that our pets give us
Exactly!!! I’m the same way!!! I always do extensive research before getting any animal! And some I have decided not to get because I know I wouldn’t be able to provide them the proper care or that they weren’t for me or whatever. Some people are just selfish and don’t care about the needs of the animal. They just want what they want. Hence all the small pocket pets and fish being abused/neglected or the working breeds like Huskies and Aussies people get cause they’re cute or popular then complain cause they’re hyper or whatever!

I hate it when people don’t train or exercise their dogs and then blame it on the dog!!! Oh he’s just crazy or a bad dog or whatever. Like.... no... you just didn’t bother to train or exercise him ever and now he’s a young, rambunctious teenage dog that knows nothing.... what did you expect!? 😂🤣🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

And hahaha right!?!? So true :lau

And yeah I agree!!! Sadly that’s not the case. :( I see a lot of people getting dogs only to starve them or let them loose or whatever and it’s like WHY!? Why have a dog!? I recently heard of a dog that was starving and by the time they finally got permission to take the dog, it was too late and died. :( he just didn’t feed his dog and the dog was chained too I think so couldn’t get it’s own food. :( so sad and infuriating!!! I really just don’t understand how people can have a dog and then just never want anything do with it. I truly don’t get it. Dogs are amazing and I LOVE spending every second possible with them 😂🤣

And we truly don’t!! They’re soooo loving and forgiving!!!

Exactly!!! I’m the same way!!! I always do extensive research before getting any animal! And some I have decided not to get because I know I wouldn’t be able to provide them the proper care or that they weren’t for me or whatever. Some people are just selfish and don’t care about the needs of the animal. They just want what they want. Hence all the small pocket pets and fish being abused/neglected or the working breeds like Huskies and Aussies people get cause they’re cute or popular then complain cause they’re hyper or whatever!

I hate it when people don’t train or exercise their dogs and then blame it on the dog!!! Oh he’s just crazy or a bad dog or whatever. Like.... no... you just didn’t bother to train or exercise him ever and now he’s a young, rambunctious teenage dog that knows nothing.... what did you expect!? 😂🤣🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

And hahaha right!?!? So true :lau

And yeah I agree!!! Sadly that’s not the case. :( I see a lot of people getting dogs only to starve them or let them loose or whatever and it’s like WHY!? Why have a dog!? I recently heard of a dog that was starving and by the time they finally got permission to take the dog, it was too late and died. :( he just didn’t feed his dog and the dog was chained too I think so couldn’t get it’s own food. :( so sad and infuriating!!! I really just don’t understand how people can have a dog and then just never want anything do with it. I truly don’t get it. Dogs are amazing and I LOVE spending every second possible with them 😂🤣

And we truly don’t!! They’re soooo loving and forgiving!!!
I know right! Like when people get a Malamute while living in Arizona, or get a Betta fish when they only have a half gallon tank to keep them in!

Especially when they get that "cute little, calm greyhound puppy" and get so upset when the puppy won't stop tearing stuff up in their studio apartment.

People make me so furious sometimes!! It seems most of the time people are either completely neglecting their pets or training them too harshly. It's becoming way too scarce to find anyone whose balanced with their pets

I know right! Like when people get a Malamute while living in Arizona, or get a Betta fish when they only have a half gallon tank to keep them in!

Especially when they get that "cute little, calm greyhound puppy" and get so upset when the puppy won't stop tearing stuff up in their studio apartment.

People make me so furious sometimes!! It seems most of the time people are either completely neglecting their pets or training them too harshly. It's becoming way too scarce to find anyone whose balanced with their pets
Exactly!!! And then the poor animal suffers. :( my Bettas has like 10 gallon tanks and planted 😂🤣🙈 I know not everybody can go that big but even like 5 is good. I even think 2 1/2 is too small aha and they need heat too!! I hate when people put them in little tiny bowls or leave them in the cups and no heat or anything. :( people just think of them as decorations!!! It’s sad!!

Or goldfish!!

People just think they’re disposable cause they’re so cheap or they get them from the fair (don’t even get me started on that 😂🤣🙈) and keep them in little teeny bowls! People don’t realize they get to be like a foot long haha I had mine in a 20 gallon long for a while till they outgrow it then they moved to a pond recently.

Makes me so angry how fish and other small animals are treated and people just don’t care cause its “just a fish” or disposable or whatever!!

Now, I’m not perfect. I kept fish in bowls as a kid both bettas and goldfish. But I’ve since learned a lot and even upgraded one of my previous bettas once I learned more. Some people just don’t care.

And yeah that’s the worst!!! Or like when people crate the dog the entire day then wonder why it’s insane!! I think crates can be useful but I don’t think locking them in there the entire day is the way to go. Especially when they also don’t exercise it.

And yeah exactly!!! There really doesn’t seem to be much of a balance!!! It’s always either “oh he’s my fur baby” and they humanize them and spoil them rotten or they’re too harsh and the poor dog is terrified or whatever. :( then there’s the ones who just don’t care and beat or starve them or whatever. It is possible to establish clear rules humanely and still love and spoil them. My animals are definitely my babies too but I also treat them like animals not children 😂🤣

" she doesn’t attack you"
Was said a loooong time ago in this thread, about your dog. But really it's more reasonably "she hasn't attacked you."

When you go to break up one of those fights, it might not go so well for you.
Fact is, she's started attacking. So now you don't really know WHAT she might do. Because she's doing unexpected aggressive behavior. We don't know where she's putting her cutoff line, but we know she's not respecting yours.

Back
Top Bottom