Suden Paralysis like symptoms

mylittlehippie

Songster
6 Years
Sep 16, 2013
This morning my bantam cochin who is 3+ years old suddenly couldn't stand. She could barely move at all, frequently falling and rolling then getting stuck on her side or back. Then after lying there for a bit she seemed to be fine and began walking on her own. Then the symptoms returned. She has a chick right now that hatched about 6 weeks ago. The chick seems fine. I had a chicken display these same symptoms a year ago then die. Nothing since then or before. Yesterday she was totally normal. Any ideas what this could be? Thank you!

I had the same thing happen to my buff orpington rooster, Thomas Jefferson, except he never got up or moved his legs. We placed him by the water and moved him to the food when we visited the coop, but he died anyway. I'm sorry this is happening to your chickens too. I hope your chickens will have a better outcome.

I had the same thing happen to my buff orpington rooster, Thomas Jefferson, except he never got up or moved his legs. We placed him by the water and moved him to the food when we visited the coop, but he died anyway. I'm sorry this is happening to your chickens too. I hope your chickens will have a better outcome.

I'm sorry to hear about your rooster.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom