Suffering and our decisions

Cla

In the Brooder
May 1, 2022
Today i made the decision my chicken has suffered for 7 months in a 8 month battle with bumble foot, for 7 months too long. This was on me! All animals have instinct, but I have free will to chose what she went through. The suffering she went through I realize now was selfish. I understand why Vets almost always wont take on chickens. I also understand they are not domestic pets and the minute you try make them one, is a bad idea. I wasn't thinking about what my Gracie was going through, only about how i was going to save her and fix her. Was it about the money? obviously not! So why did this happen? I really don't know, but what I do know,I will never make this mistake again. She deserved to be in heaven with no suffering no pain. Even the procedures i put her through following suggestions I realize now were painful and for some reason i just kept persevering. Ive cried Ive prayed and Ive beat my self up , but now i am at peace because i finally made the decision that brings peace. I got my self out of the way and she will suffer no more. Forgive Me Gracie🙏💔

Last edited:
Today i made a decision my chicken has suffered for 7 months in a 8 month battle with bumble foot. This was on me! they have instinct but I have free will to chose what she went through.The suffering she went through because I played Dr. I realize now was selfish. I understand why Vets usually wont take on chickens. I also understand they are not domestic pets and the minute you try make them one, is a bad idea. I wasn't thinking about what my Gracie was going through, only about how i was going to save her and fix her. Was it about the money? obviously not! So why did this happen? I really don't know, but what I do know,I will never make this mistake again. She deserved to be in heaven with no suffering no pain. Even the procedures i put her through following suggestions I realize now were painful and for some reason i just kept persevering. Ive cried Ive prayed and Ive beat my self up , but now i am at peace because i finally made the decision that brings peace. I got my self out of the way and she will suffer no more. Forgive Me Gracie🙏💔
While I'm new to keeping chickens of my own, I do have some words on the matter in the grand perspective of life. People should do things without regret, making decisions is an aspect of life and plenty of times the outcomes may or may not go to our plan. What ultimately matters is you thought through your options you can see and made a decision.

Even if you have a feeling of regret after you made the decision, that feeling is normal and best to come to terms with it. Knowing you made a decision you may not of liked now, but back then you had a different perspective to think it was the right decision. People must look in the now, the current day, to make the future better and use the past as a reference, but not to revel in.

Today i made the decision my chicken has suffered for 7 months in a 8 month battle with bumble foot, for 7 months too long. This was on me! All animals have instinct, but I have free will to chose what she went through. The suffering she went through I realize now was selfish. I understand why Vets almost always wont take on chickens. I also understand they are not domestic pets and the minute you try make them one, is a bad idea. I wasn't thinking about what my Gracie was going through, only about how i was going to save her and fix her. Was it about the money? obviously not! So why did this happen? I really don't know, but what I do know,I will never make this mistake again. She deserved to be in heaven with no suffering no pain. Even the procedures i put her through following suggestions I realize now were painful and for some reason i just kept persevering. Ive cried Ive prayed and Ive beat my self up , but now i am at peace because i finally made the decision that brings peace. I got my self out of the way and she will suffer no more. Forgive Me Gracie🙏💔
Welcome to BYC!! I hope you get to see her again one day. :hugs

Im so very sorry for everything you and Gracie went through. Sounds like this was a journey for both of you. Im in tears after reading your post. Ive been there with my little Linda. I learned so much and am grateful she taught me so much. Her suffering will save many chicks after her, because now I know. Maybe Gracie stayed and endured to give you skills to save and comfort others.
Big hugs fellow chicky mother

Back
Top Bottom