SufficientSelf.com

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Jan 23, 2013
Pocono Mtns
My Coop
My Coop
Hey Folks,

I am sure a couple of you are aware of, in fact I've seen you there, of another forum sponsored by BYC. It is called SelfSufficient.com. SS is not nearly as large as BYC, and it has gone through it's ups and downs, but it is a GREAT place to discuss anything self sufficient. Good people, good discussions. So, I am calling your attention to it in hopes we can get a few more active members over at SS.

http://www.sufficientself.com/

We would love to see you there.

I've been a member here at BYC for over 3 years and it was only a few months ago that I seriously checked out SS. I think it is a good forum, and I would like to see some folks from this DIY/Self Sufficiency thread here at BYC come on over to SS, too! Some members here have so much to offer, and I think they would enjoy SS.

I was a member but left after encountering too many very conservative/disrespectful/narrow-minded views. Just sort of got me down and I figured it wasn't worth it.
I think the site attracts a pretty specific world-view and I guess I just didn't fit in :confused:

I was a member but left after encountering too many very conservative/disrespectful/narrow-minded views. Just sort of got me down and I figured it wasn't worth it.
I think the site attracts a pretty specific world-view and I guess I just didn't fit in :confused:
Well, don't judge us all by the vocal ones. I enjoy and learn from
what I read there and disregard the viewpoints that don't match mine.

Well, don't judge us all by the vocal ones. I enjoy and learn from
what I read there and disregard the viewpoints that don't match mine.
Yes absolutely! I think it was just getting me down. I'm not trying to put down the site in anyway, just sharing my experience.

Hadn't heard of it before. Thanks for the tip! I'll go lurk and test it out ;)

HomesteadingToday.com is what I've been using but I've been VERY disappointed in the quality of information/discussion there these days.

Back
Top Bottom