Suggested hatchery for these ducklings?

Sheepheart

Songster
Dec 29, 2020
Last year I got kahki campbells from the local farm store, which came from Hoover’s hatchery.
im not to happy with the quality of them.
I’m not getting new ducks this year, possibly next year. And I’m wondering what hatcheries have nice ducklings. So I have time to look around.
I havnt found any one who raises them in my area yet. I am open to get ducklings from local breeders
I’m looking at getting magpies, anconas, and/or Cayugas.

shipping is stressful for ducks and also dangerous, so i recommend either adopting from a rescue sanctuary or private breeder
That is true for all poultry, I would like to get them from a private breeder if I can, but so far I havnt been able to find any that have these breeds. Adopting from a rescue isn’t really an option as there arnt any that I know of and I’d like to get ducklings, not full grown ducks. Thank you for the suggestion though

I've heard good things about Purely Poultry. I've personally never ordered from there, but I've only heard good things from fellow duck owners.

Although I did obtain my Cayuga and Blue Swedish ducklings from my local feed store, they order them from Privet hatchery in New Mexico. They were perfectly happy and healthy- now a little over a year old😊

good luck

Attachments

• 585C0B2A-ABB9-4E38-B076-36ADC464B16A.jpeg
    585C0B2A-ABB9-4E38-B076-36ADC464B16A.jpeg
    797.3 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom