Suggestions on containing Peahen

nobueno

Chirping
Oct 30, 2016
Our neighbors have a peahen whose favorite roosting spot seems to be on our brand new truck. Our truck is now poop covered and scratched. Any suggestions to keep her out of our yard and in theirs?

welcome-byc.gif
Sorry that you have to deal with this. In reality they should confine her. It's true that 'good fences make good neighbors.'

What does it require to fence in a peahen? There's a 6' fence in the back with 1' of angled bird netting on the inside but it doesn't seem to phase her.

Got it. Thanks. Has anyone had any luck just running some strings in a crisscross pattern over the pen? We have some friends who did this as an owl/hawk deterrent with some success....

They make a sprinkler that is motion sensitive, google that and see. It's around 50 bucks but if you scare them, they will retreat. It doesn't take a lot to scare them. Peafowl are mostly walking birds but they will fly over a fence if they want to. Most are scared of dogs that chase them and people. You could try banging something if you see them come up to the fence. If none of that works, I have installed 10 ft posts with plastic netting attached, they don't even try to fly over 10 feet. If your car is truly scratched from the bird, your neighbor is responsible. I had a neighbor that said mine dented her car, but nice try..peafowl don't have the strength to dent a car :)

This bird could care less about water. Shot it in face with a hose at full pressure from 5' away and it just stared and me and didn't move. It's finally scared and flies away when I walk outside but that doesn't stop it from getting on the truck in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom