Suggestions?

You have 2 adult birds and a bunch of babies, right? Are you thinking of brooding the babies in the coop? Is there electricity access for the coop? Have you seen the MHP - Mama Heating Pad method....so much nicer and safer than heat lamps?
PS Your rooster will probably be just tickled to see his flock grow so suddenly!
yes it has multiple power outlets and yes he's been rough on my hen haha I'm going to try and house 8 in there with those two once older ill take down the middle divider after I'm done introducing them I bought 6 barred rocks chicks d rectly hatched two chicks from my rooster and hen I have about 18 in the incubator due to hatch in a couple days not that all of them will but I'm planning for it includes 6 from mine 8 buff Orpington and the rest are rhodebars

Found another excellent source of info for you....go to the learning center tab at top of this site, or just enter How much room do chickens need? in the search bar.....look for the excellent ARTICLE of that name by @Ridgerunner . Post some pics for me when your babies hatch?

I so want to hatch some myself. I've been looking at the Incuview (for about 6 months now LOL) What do you use?

Last edited:
So are you brooding in the coop with a divider? That sounds good. Your coop LOOKS pretty good sized. In planning my next coop I want room for a broody buster cage inside and space for brooding chicks.

BTW i chose some of the same breeds, mine were about 4 mo here
I definitely will been using Remer innavators ill get you model number here's a pick of the 2 a hatched a couple days ago

Back
Top Bottom