Suggestions??

croddey19

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2015
Suggestions please?? I'm looking to put weather proof cameras in my duck and chicken pins just so I can check on them ( I'm a crazy duck and chicken momma ). Does anyone currently use any or do you have any suggestions? I'd like to find a brand that has the option to download an app on your phone to watch anywhere. TIA

I have wireless cameras in and around my chicken coop, but only one IP camera viewing the run I can access it on any PC since it has it's own net address. I do encourage you to pursue your plan, it is not just fun, but gives you the ability to check on your flock anytime, anywhere. All obviously do require a power source and the connections will need to be protected from the weather. It is best to place even the weatherproof cameras so they don't get drenched with rain.

My suggestion would be to search the available apps compatible with your phone and those sites will give you lists of specific compatible cameras.

There's an article on the Hencam blog site that shows the specifics of how they set theirs up.

More info: my IP camera is a Sharx, just looked at their site and they do list it compatible with some phone's. You can google the Sharks company and see if it is compatible with your phone soft wear. I have had it outside nearly a year and it has worked out quite well for me.

Back
Top Bottom