Sulmtalers Thread

Pics
Thanks! This is the info I was looking for. Trying to find answers on the web is really confusing me as people call them different things depending on where your looking. Here is a pic of my male. What do you call him. He has no gold in his wings.

If I breed the pullet to him, do I get more silver wheaten?
I have some chicks, I will take some pics and post with a few more questions. Thanks!
The silver is sex linked. Join the conversation and find answers on the facebook group listed in my signature and join the club at www.sulmtalerusa.com

Thanks! This is the info I was looking for. Trying to find answers on the web is really confusing me as people call them different things depending on where your looking. Here is a pic of my male. What do you call him. He has no gold in his wings.

If I breed the pullet to him, do I get more silver wheaten?
I have some chicks, I will take some pics and post with a few more questions. Thanks!

He looks to be Silver Wheaten. Breeding him to your pullet will produce more Silvers, yes.

Here are a few more pictures of my sulmtaler roo. I wasn't going to breed him because he just doesn't look right to me. I love his size and shape. He has a nice temperament but he has white edging on his tail feathers and some white on his chest, no gold in his wings. I don't plan on breeding him, it's why I got a few more chicks, but I'm curious as to what you think of him now that I have a few more pics. He has some frostbite and is probably going to be processed this Sunday. Also thanks Bama1 for the links to the facebook page and club.

I have two sulmtaler pullets available for sale. They are almost ready to lay. I am NPIP and in California 95638. Shipping available. Parents below are from Greenfire Farms stock. They are both like the lighest hen next to the rooster. They are about 6 months old now. Marek's vaccinated.

9 days old Sulmtaler- am I too early to tell if its male or female? I have four of them and they ALL look like this (except for the "black widow" mark on the head, according to my son!), I will be kind of sad if they all end up roos....

Last edited:
I have two 6 month old pullets about ready to lay, if you are interested. I am in Sacramento CA area. Shipping available, but they are getting pretty big so they would need two boxes.

Extra Java- .... As I thought
sad.png
... And, really?? FOUR of them??
Wow, forget the 50/50 male/female split, or anything near to that!

RFR, Thank you for the offer of your lovely pullets, I will keep it in mind. The coop is in remodel mode, currently (only way to get the job done is to get more chicks, right?) So I'm not ready to mix babies with elders.... Btw, Do you need any new Sulmtaler blood? They came from Greenfire.

Last edited:
Extra Java- .... As I thought :( ... And, really?? FOUR of them??
Wow, forget the 50/50 male/female split, or anything near to that!

RFR, Thank you for the offer of your lovely pullets, I will keep it in mind.  The coop is in remodel mode, currently (only way to get the job done is to get more chicks, right?) So I'm not ready to mix babies with elders.... Btw, Do you need any new Sulmtaler blood?  They came from Greenfire.

I'm looking for the silver wheaten from greenfire farms. I have 2 pairs plus an extra male I'm trying to sell locally. They are 9 weeks old direct from greenfire. Let me know if yours turn out to be silver wheaten. I got my 5 from GFF 3 boys 2 girls but 6 isbars 5 boys one girl and one Roo had a bad comb. Out of 13 only 4 girls. Go figure.

I'm looking for the silver wheaten from greenfire farms. I have 2 pairs plus an extra male I'm trying to sell locally. They are 9 weeks old direct from greenfire. Let me know if yours turn out to be silver wheaten. I got my 5 from GFF 3 boys 2 girls but 6 isbars 5 boys one girl and one Roo had a bad comb. Out of 13 only 4 girls. Go figure.

Oh no... I started with 14:
4 Cream Legbar (one is for sure male)
4 Blue Isbar
4 Sulmtaler
2 Barnevelder
Pretty sure all the Sulmtalers are male, and I lost a Barnevelder straight away
1f613.png

Glad to know your outcome... I will lower my hopes

Back
Top Bottom