Sumatra hen

Karin3970

Hatching
Apr 23, 2021
Okay so I've done extensive research via Google if that is considered extensive and I adopted a black Sumatra hen from our local Humane Society. Almost everything I read has not been consistent with how my girl has-been. First of all she was broodyr right away. So I put some golf balls under her and then adopted Three Chicks. She adopted them as her own for about 2 or 3 weeks. She can fly over the fence but she was the very sweetest hen that I've had. She will come up to me and seemed like she would ask me to pick her up. Today, I let her in the house as I sometimes do, and put up a safety Shield so she can make an egg inside my house. As soon as she did the egg tackle, she wanted outside and I looked in there were two eggs! What the heck and I promise it's a Sumatra I will post a picture at a future time. I don't know how to receive responses to a thread post but I will keep an eye open. I took a picture of both legs but I don't know how to post pictures LOL anyone can contact me at [email protected]

Okay so I've done extensive research via Google if that is considered extensive and I adopted a black Sumatra hen from our local Humane Society. Almost everything I read has not been consistent with how my girl has-been. First of all she was broodyr right away. So I put some golf balls under her and then adopted Three Chicks. She adopted them as her own for about 2 or 3 weeks. She can fly over the fence but she was the very sweetest hen that I've had. She will come up to me and seemed like she would ask me to pick her up. Today, I let her in the house as I sometimes do, and put up a safety Shield so she can make an egg inside my house. As soon as she did the egg tackle, she wanted outside and I looked in there were two eggs! What the heck and I promise it's a Sumatra I will post a picture at a future time. I don't know how to receive responses to a thread post but I will keep an eye open. I took a picture of both legs but I don't know how to post pictures LOL anyone can contact me at [email protected]
Attach files button for posting pictures.
Screenshot_20220416-122952_Chrome.jpg

I apologize for the typos, hopefully you can figure it out. *cackle

Comb looks weird, can't tell if it's a pea, or single. Also egg color seems off. My Sumatra lays pure white, your's is laying cream, & tinted.

I'm not saying she's not a Sumatra, just pointing out something's that seem off.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom