Sumatra tail length?

LittleBigBantam

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
I've hatched alot of eggs this year but only kept a few, and ome of them is a sumatra x ameraucauna... already they have a bright red comb and what appears to be spur bumps I cant get a picture at the moment, but I'm curious as to how long his tail will be as sumatra roosters are known to have ridiculously long tails. Already his tail is longer than everyone elses

I have read that tail length is a dominant trait. However, when I cross my phoenix and Yokohama with other breeds the tail length seem to be somewhere between the parents' tail lengths. So tail length seems to be incomplete dominant.

I have read that tail length is a dominant trait. However, when I cross my phoenix and Yokohama with other breeds the tail length seem to be somewhere between the parents' tail lengths. So tail length seems to be incomplete dominant.
Okay! From the hatchery I got it from I read the roosters tails were exceptionally long, and my ameraucana roo did have quite the tail, so I'm hoping that he'll carry the long tail gene

Back
Top Bottom