Summer Bounty

pintail_drake2004

Songster
6 Years
Jun 12, 2017
IL
Although the garden has not produced as much as I'd like it to, I can't complain. Put up a lot of salsa last night using our tomatoes, peppers, onions, and herbs we grew. Looking forward to the fall harvest. I am however having a difficult time finding quality garlic bulbs to plant. Seems everyone is sold out, or they have bad reviews.

I got off work last night, and the wife and I canned the rest of the day. its a labor of love.
salsa.jpg

Summers Bounty.
summer bounty.jpg

That is awesome! I learned to can this year. So far I have done sliced peaches, peach jam, and I'm canning marinara sauce today. I agree, it's a labor of love!

Although the garden has not produced as much as I'd like it to, I can't complain. Put up a lot of salsa last night using our tomatoes, peppers, onions, and herbs we grew. Looking forward to the fall harvest. I am however having a difficult time finding quality garlic bulbs to plant. Seems everyone is sold out, or they have bad reviews.

I got off work last night, and the wife and I canned the rest of the day. its a labor of love.
View attachment 2788934

Summers Bounty.
View attachment 2788935
Beautiful!! I wish our garden had went better this year because I love canning and putting away. This year is not over yet though for my berries, so hopefully I can still make some jams and jellies to make up for lost crop. 😊

Awesome job to you and your wife 💕

Have you tried grocery store garlic? I know the experts say they will not grow very well due to being treated to prevent sprouting in the store, but I have had fair to very good luck with it. I look for bulbs that already have started sprouting in the store and If I can not find any or enough I will wash them in warm water after breaking cloves apart, soaking overnight, and have grown pretty good.

I have 10 heads of garlic from the store in water trying to sprout. so far 1 clove has sprouted out of everything. I knew the possibility of it actually sprouting would be low, but I expected more than 1 clove.

Back
Top Bottom