Sunday Morning Coop Fun in The Kitchen Coop

I love when the chickens are so comfortable they want to roost on you. Yours are beautiful and the coop seems very nice.

@Shadrach is right about one thing though, in my experience chicken wire will not even keep the chickens in let alone the predators out. You need to use hardware cloth with screws.

I've had full grown chickens put their heads through the wire and then use their legs to press against the chicken wire and unravel it until it makes a hole they can squeeze out of.

You will be very disappointed with chicken wire. I would change it out before a tragedy happens. I know that this is not what you wanted to hear when you posted your beautiful flock, coop, and family photos. However I would hate for something to happen to your beautiful flock.

Last edited:
I love when the chickens are so comfortable they want to roost on you. Yours are beautiful and the coop seems very nice.

@Shadrach is right about one thing though, in my experience chicken wire will not even keep the chickens in let alone the predators out. You need to use hardware cloth with screws.

I've had full grown chickens put their heads through the wire and then use their legs to pass against the chicken wire and unravel it until it makes a hole they can squeeze out of.

You will be very disappointed with chicken wire. I would change it out before a tragedy happens. I know that this is not what you wanted to hear when you posted your beautiful flock, coop, and family photos. However I would hate for something to happen to your beautiful flock.
Great info!! I didn’t know chickens could do this to the chicken wire... I will have to let my husband know to put hardware cloth!.... Thanks so much Cynthia

Back
Top Bottom