Sunny's a busy, busy boy!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kharmel, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Kharmel

Kharmel Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    [​IMG]

Hello, my name is Sunny and I'm a CHEATER [​IMG] I have 3 lovely ladies at home but that's just not enough for me so I spend my days running back and forth between home and the neighbor's place where there are at least 20 free ranging beauties. I feel it is my duty to "take care of" both flocks but at least I do come home to roost each night. [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] Sunny is a handsome boy!

3. Life is Good!

Life is Good! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    suburbia Chicagoland
    Doesn't he need a good NAP? Yeesh.....

Does your neighbor know her hen's eggs are now FERTILE? Wouldn't she be surprised if someone turned up broody with live chicks in her yard!

Hope the neighbor doesn't mind a few 'mixed' breeds either! [​IMG]

4. Kharmel

May 24, 2010
    Hahaha the neighbors were a little creeped out about the fertilized eggs but their hens visit my place too and they actually started coming over here first. They said they don't mind him being over there and if they did, there is just one small area that could be fenced to keep him out. I told them that at least they probably wouldn't need to buy more chicks this year. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  5. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    That's hilarious and he's gorgeous! What breed is he?

6. Kharmel

May 24, 2010
    Quote:He's a mutt. Buff Orpington cross. His father was a Buff Orpington but the mother must have been something else because he's got yellow legs.

7. chicken crazed 1o1

chicken crazed 1o1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Dugald , Manitoba
    He must have fun [​IMG] lol

8. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    he sure is a handsome boy [​IMG]

9. Kharmel

May 24, 2010
    Sunny say's thank you for the compliments [​IMG] He's a good boy so far. Just under a year old and very good to the girls but he is the biggest chicken! The only thing I've seen him chase is a robin. He's real tough when it comes to robins but if a dog or cat comes into the yard, he doesn't defend his flock and is the first one to run away clucking at the top of his lungs! Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with George at the kids birthday party knocking over little old ladies and clowns because he thinks the apartment's on fire [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by