Sunset's Expedition

SunriseChickers

Feather Fluffer
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Nov 12, 2018
Ohio
I have five birds(RIP Tempest [#6]), Twilight, Salena, Droplet, Sundae, and Sunset. Twilight and Salena are the only ones to have ever been broody(aside from Tempest). Today I opened the coop door aaand... "SquAAAAAAK SQUEEEEEEEE!" it sounded like screaming! Sunset, I think, is now broody for the first time. I was afraid she'd peck me, since she's always the feisty one, but she didn't and I was able to retrieve her three eggs without difficulty. So I got her eggs, closed the door, and started to walk out of the pen. Sunset chased me all the way and tried to follow me out, but I closed the gate before she could. Anyhoos, a few hours later, we were sitting outside eating lunch and here comes Sunset, having escaped from the pen. I think she was looking for her eggs. She's very smart. So, after I eat, I walk past her on the front porch and open the door. She looks at me, a bit confused, but walks in after a very contemplative minute. I take her through the house, the poor girl slipping everywhere on our wooden floor, and showed her where I'd put her eggs. She calmed down after that, and let me carry her outside(she is usually extremely skittish and won't let me even get near her at all). I walked down to the pen, her eggs in my hand(I put them back) and she followed. Then she walked in, right past me, and joined the others. I haven't had them try to escape for months, especially since we put up the net, and they haven't had a reason to try. Sunset did. :p

Back
Top Bottom