Super cute (and CHEAP!) DIY homemade hanging gravity feeder!

Quote:
OH dont be a party platter pooper
lau.gif

Quote:
OH dont be a party platter pooper
lau.gif

yea..I know..but I would rather put the truth out there, even if I am labeled the party platter pooper...then slowly watch the threads come in full of frustration over falling apart feeders and chickens who ate plastic. I will be the party platter pooper..happy to be.
big_smile.png

These plastics are made for indoor, household, one time use and light usage..some can't even go in the dishwasher because they can't handle the heat......think of a child's sand bucket or toys left in the sun & heat..no difference.

Quote:
Try second hand stores ... they have amazing amounts of plastic wares. HMMMMM ... I'm off to the Sally-anne today.
P.S. that is way too cute and clever.
And as for cleaning, you could simply turn it upside down once in a while to shake out bits that get stuck in the middle.

Quote:
Definitely a good point.. this feeder will be in the inside portion of our chicken tractor, so I'm not worried about the sun. Also it's just for feeding our younger birds (about 4 weeks now), but I wouldn't attempt using something like this for our adults birds, they would probably tear it up
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom