Superworm Farming - Information, Tutorials and Questions

Subhanalah,

Do any of the feed stores in your area grind feed for farmers? If so they should have wheat bran. The lady at my feed s store special ordered it for me until I realized that they had it there in bulk. She just didnt know what it was. She didnt think to ask if wheat bran was the same as what they just calked bran. No kidding.
here, bran means rice bran. I sent my she's band to the store for bran (wheat is implied from my understanding, but not here apparently. )
Every feed store I talked to only has rice bran. I just don't understand it!

Superworm containers need to be well ventilated. I found mold in my breeding container yesterday. I only had 3 x 4 openings covered with screen on each end. That works for my mealworms but not for the superworm beetles. They generate a lot of heat and humidity due to their larger size. So I am going to screen the lid of my clear tote except for an inch around the outside which is where I will glue the screen.

Superworm containers need to be well ventilated.  I found mold in my breeding container yesterday.  I only had 3 x 4 openings covered with screen on each end.  That works for my mealworms but not for the superworm beetles.  They generate a lot of heat and humidity due to their larger size.  So I am going to screen the lid of my clear tote except for an inch around the outside which is where I will glue the screen.
make sure to take pictures and share them here!
I guess mine are doing better than I thought, there are quite a few alive and thriving, underneath the substrate.

Superworm containers need to be well ventilated.  I found mold in my breeding container yesterday.  I only had 3 x 4 openings covered with screen on each end.  That works for my mealworms but not for the superworm beetles.  They generate a lot of heat and humidity due to their larger size.  So I am going to screen the lid of my clear tote except for an inch around the outside which is where I will glue the screen.
make sure to take pictures and share them here!
I guess mine are doing better than I thought, there are quite a few alive and thriving, underneath the substrate.

Can't find my camera :(, but I will get pictures when I do. How are you making out with your colony?

Back
Top Bottom