Supper excited for my baby bunny

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi every one I’m gonna be getting a baby bunny soon does any one have any tips on health care I’m gonna be feeding what the seller was feeding and some hay and carrots can baby bunny’s have Timothy hay she will be drinking out of a water bowl not a battle thanks so much for your tipd

No to the carrots, it's too much sugar. Yes to the hay. Doesn't really matter what kind of hay it is, as long as it's always available. Get a water bottle. Bowls get tipped over and played with. Water must be available at all times, so the only way to really ensure this is a bottle secured to the side of the cage. You'll also need gnawing toys. Rabbits front teeth never stop growing, so they chew to wear them down.

When my rabbit was a baby, I just fed him regular feed and hay. I refused to give him any extra vegetables or treats like carrots until he was four months, I think? I did some research online and that was what I found out. Even if that was longer than I needed to wait, better safe then sorry.

thanks every one what kind if gnawing toys should i get her can she get the hay out of a toy that holds the hay so she has to get it out thanks so much for your help

A toy that challenges her may be good every once and a while, but I would buy a hay rack to put in her cage so she'll have easy access to it. Hay is very important. My rabbit has just a wooden toy that is hung on the side of his cage for him to chew on. He also has little balls with bells in them to play with.

Attachments

• 1522285957971279820617.jpg
    1522285957971279820617.jpg
    453.5 KB · Views: 5
thanks every one what kind if gnawing toys should i get her can she get the hay out of a toy that holds the hay so she has to get it out thanks so much for your help
Most pet supply stores will have wood chews in the small animals section. Hay toys are great, but you will also need a hay manger. It needs to be available at all times. There are two things rabbits can never be without, hay and fresh water.

Back
Top Bottom