Supplements to help hen grow? Please read!

Good news for Plum! Her feathers are growing back. She wouldn't be still so I didn't get a very good picture. I also have a bit of a funny story. I walk out to the coop this morning and the hens were being a bit mean to Plum. I open the door, call her name and she comes running!
20210927_081515.jpg

20210927_081656.jpg

Good news for Plum! Her feathers are growing back. She wouldn't be still so I didn't get a very good picture. I also have a bit of a funny story. I walk out to the coop this morning and the hens were being a bit mean to Plum. I open the door, call her name and she comes running!
View attachment 2848109
View attachment 2848110
That is great news on both counts, Clucky! And she is looking better already 🙂 Thanks for that good update! ❤️

Thanks! We did buy a bag of layer feed recently so I'm not sure I could convince mom that I need another bag of feed. She is not really a chicken person.
You can feed the All-Flock to all the chickens, if you're supplementing oyster shell on the side as well. Otherwise, feed her boiled eggs, 1-2 per day, nicely chopped. Great protein & fat.

You can feed the All-Flock to all the chickens, if you're supplementing oyster shell on the side as well. Otherwise, feed her boiled eggs, 1-2 per day, nicely chopped. Great protein & fat.
You can mix the layer and all-flock until the layer feed is all used up. Hopefully if you explain to your mom that the layer feed is not good for all the chickens but the all-flock is, she will agree to buying another bag - especially if she understands that the layer feed will not be wasted. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom