Supposedly a blue partridge brahma

I got them from this hatchery farm here in California. I just know we can’t keep a rooster so I’m worried . The partridge is feathering super fast. I wasn’t sure if these were signs. Cause the buff lace barely has feathers.. I guess I will have to wait and see . They hatched on Oct 30th . So. Not even 4 weeks lol I’m impatient sorry ahhaa since I’ve gotten them I have been doing so much research
So, don't be worried, hens tend to feather out on the wings faster than roosters, and like I said, size has nothing to do with it, my 11 pound buff brahma rooster was about the size of a golf ball when we got him, now he's massive, and all the hens we got with him when they were chicks were far larger, and now he's almost double their weight.

So, egg size has a lot more to do with chick size than gender does until they actually start growing out, instead, watch the demeanor, rowdy, flighty and prone to have little sparring contests or more likely to eat and scratch about the brooder and friendly/calm?
The partridge is very dominant and not afraid at all. The buff lace is timid and is less dominant

So, don't be worried, hens tend to feather out on the wings faster than roosters, and like I said, size has nothing to do with it, my 11 pound buff brahma rooster was about the size of a golf ball when we got him, now he's massive, and all the hens we got with him when they were chicks were far larger, and now he's almost double their weight.
I’m definitely excited to see what it turns into and to see how big they can get.

Back
Top Bottom